I used to have a really long-winded explanation of this site, but no one’s got time to read that crap, so here it is in a convenient bulleted list:
· Most of the time, I write about books.
· Usually, these books are not new, because I am not a professional reviewer and no one is sending me ARCs.
· Since I am not a professional reviewer, my reviews are often less review-y and more reaction-y.
· This means that I sometimes don’t include a summary of the book/movie/TV show. Because I am lazy, and all that extra typing is exhausting.
· I often find it impossible to give a genuine reaction without spoiling the work. This is because authors are selfish and usually put the most interesting, controversial bits at the end as a surprise. Stupid authors. Anyway, if you are looking for a site for suggestions on what to read, this is probably not the place for you, because what’s the point in reading a mystery you know the end to? But if you are looking for reactions to something you’ve already read because you are just that sick, then this is probably your heaven.
· Unless, of course, you don’t agree with me. Then this is probably just annoying.
· Sometimes, I don’t write about books. I love books, but I read a lot of them, and occasionally I get all booked out. Then I make posts about flowers or draw pictures of my beleaguered liver or talk about something silly the Boyfriend did. Essentially, I’m giving you the jazz hands until I can think of something better.
· Sometimes, I am really mean about a particular book. I try not to make it personal, but on at least two occasions I have definitely slammed actual authors. This is not nice, and I am working on it. Finding the line between “amusing” and “vicious” can be difficult, and I’m not always so good at it. I apologize in advance.